I Used To Be A Fish

“I used to be a fish” is an amazing book about a boy using his imagination that is written and illustrated by, Tom Sullivan. This book is about a boy who starts off as fish who wants to explore on land so the fish grows some legs so it can walk. But then the fish realizes there are predators on land so it grows some fur to camouflage. But then he starts getting smarter and becoming more into a mammal and starts to turn into a monkey. But after a while, he starts getting bored of eating bananas and starts hunting larger animals. Then he starts building huts and then more advanced structures and homes and soon he is living in a highly advanced city. After a while, he decides he wants to fly so he becomes a superhero who is able to fly but for now he is just jumping on his bed. I think that this book is for ages from 5-12 because it’s more of a child book theme because of a boy using his imagination to turn into other things, but then it kinda relates to science where you learn about early human ancestors changing and adapting over time.